ONGC – An Overview

ONGC stands for as Oil and Natural Gas Corporation. It is one of the largest oil & gas companies in India that started its operation on 14th August 1956 by the Government of India (GoI) under the Ministry of Natural Resources and Scientific Research. The headquarters of ONGC is in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. In 1994, it became a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) and listed as Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC). 

ONGC is ranked as the top energy company in India and plays a vital role in producing hydrocarbon resources for over the years with their latest technologies. It has various sub-departments, which carry out the full functioning of the organization.

What is the role of ONGC in the Indian Economy?

The primary responsibility of ONGC is looking for the best places where natural hydrocarbon can be produced, exploring them using a variety of techniques, and getting the possible reserves of hydrocarbon into commercially viable energy sources. ONGC has discovered around 74% of all the natural gas production in India and the remaining 26% was found by private or JV companies. 

It is also involved in exploring and tapping the hydrocarbon resources of the 26 sedimentary basins. The relentless efforts of ONGC have resulted in the addition of 7.1 billion tons of ‘In-place Oil and Gas’ volumes in the last five decades.

ONGC is one of the most significant Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) organizations in India and issues various types of tenders for the supply of goods and services.

How to get the notifications of the latest tenders issued by ONGC?

By subscribing to our tender alert notifications feature, one can set alerts for all the latest government tenders based on your preferred locations, tender amount, EMD, authorities, and keywords. You can activate for the ONGC Tenders notifications by just selecting your desired categories. You will receive information via SMS or email on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. It will not only help to keep a close monitoring on your relevant tenders but also saves your crucial time.

How to download the latest tender documents for ONGC?

We provide unlimited keywords search on our platform for FREE for any type of business tenders just like Google search. BidAssist helps you to find all the latest ONGC tender documents, previously awarded contracts issued by the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC). Once you find out your desired tenders, you can simply download the documents by using our simple pricing plans.

What are the top eTendering states for ONGC in 2019-20?

Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) distributes tenders just like other government tendering authorities.

The chart illustrates the distribution of tenders state-wise, which are floated by Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) across India. Around a total of 150 Tenders which were published in ONGC Maharashtra during the Fin Year 2019-20. On the other hand, 100 – 150 Tenders were published in ONGC Gujarat. The state of Pondicherry showed over 70 ONGC tenders and around 55 tenders were published in ONGC Assam. Whereas the number of Tenders was less than 50 in ONGC Delhi.  

How many tenders does Oil and Natural Gas Corporation publish?

The chart clearly illustrates the rise in tenders published between the years 2018 to 2020. More than 2200 ONGC tenders were published in the year 2018-2019, and around 1000 ONGC tenders were published in the year 2019-2020.  

If you want to know more information about ONGC e-procurement, log on to BidAssist and get the in-depth details about the tenders, including registration and documentation.