AAI Tenders 2019: Overview of Airports Authority of India (AAI)
About Airports Authority of India (AAI)
The Airports Authority of India (AAI) working under the Ministry of Civil Aviation has come into existence on 1st April 1995 by merging erstwhile National Airports Authority and International Airports Authority of India.
What is the role of AAI?
The main functions of AAI is responsible for creating, upgrading, and managing international and domestic airports and civil enclaves. It also provides Air Traffic Management Services (ATMSx) over entire Indian Air Space and adjoining oceanic areas with ground installations at all Airports and 25 other locations to ensure the safety of Aircraft operations.
How many airports are there in India?
The Airports Authority of India (AAI) has a total of 125 Airports, which include 18 International Airports, 7 Customs Airports and 78 Domestic Airports and 26 Civil Enclaves at Defense airfields. AAI has entered into a Joint Venture at Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Nagpur Airports to upgrade these Airports and emulate the world standards.
How many tenders does Airports Authority publish?
Like tenders of other government tendering authorities, AAI also issues all tender notices, bid awards on various government websites and invite bidders to bid so that they can assess who’s the one that can provide the best quality at a reasonable price.
The below graph shows that more than 4,500 AAI tenders were published in 2018-19 and more than 2,000 AAI tenders have already been published by Sep 2019. Click on the graph to get a better insight.
What are the top leading states for AAI Tenders in 2019?
All tenders floated by Airports Authority of India (AAI) across India and the distribution of prominent state-wise tenders are represented below. In the first half of the year itself, more than 200 Airport Tenders in Tamil Nadu have been published. This is followed by Airport Tenders in Delhi, Airport Tenders in Maharashtra, Airport Tenders in Gujarat and Airport Tenders in Rajasthan.
How to apply for the Airports Authority of India (AAI) tenders?
Tender notice is issued in leading newspapers and the same is also published on AAI’s website. When bidding for AAI tender, follow these basic steps to improve your chances of winning a tender:
- Look out for the relevant tenders issued by the Airports Authority of India, from BidAssist .
- Once you subscribe on BidAssist, you can easily download AAI tender document for any particular state in India.
- Analyze the tender document carefully and read all terms and conditions of the services that are to be procured by AAI tendering authority.
- Before writing a bid response strategy, evaluate the previously awarded contracts that contain important information such as project time duration, and the amount that was awarded to the contractor. View all awarded contracts from here.
- Write a compelling bid document and submit the bid through their e-bid submission tendering portal of AAI.
- Once you have submitted your application, the AAI tendering authority will verify all the suppliers that have applied for bidding, and on verification, the supplier or organisation will appear in its ‘list of approved suppliers’.
- The bidders can monitor the status of the tender for which they have submitted on their official website.
- Once everything in the tender procurement process is finalised, contracts are awarded to the selected bidders.
Why BidAssist for AAI Tenders Information?
BidAssist is an online tender search portal that helps SMEs to discover latest AAI tenders, tender documents and awarded contracts on a single platform. You can also search AAI tenders by location, state, tender amount or even with tender ID. Our portal provides FREE access to government tender opportunities across India.
Furthermore, SMEs can get all the latest tender notifications issued by the Airports Authority of India (AAI) and decide whether they want to receive the notifications daily, weekly or monthly.