NHAI Tenders 2019- Latest Information on National Highways Authority Of India
What does NHAI stand for?
NHAI stands for National Highways Authority of India and it was established in 1988 by an act of the Parliament, NHAI Act. NHAI has covered 50329 km out of 1,32,499 (approx) of National Highways in India and entrusted with National Highways Development Project (NHDP).
What is the role of NHAI?
NHAI has a pan India footprint and is responsible for the development, maintenance and management of National highways in India.
- To develop, maintain and manage National Highways vested in it by the Government.
- To collect fees on National Highways, regulate and control the plying of vehicles on National Highways for its proper management.
- Regulate and control the plying of vehicles on the highways.
- Provide facilities and amenities for the users of the highways necessary for the smooth flow of traffic on such highways.
What are the top 10 national highways in India?
In India, there are about 87 national highways in India which measure around 1,32,499 (approx) km. Let’s have a glimpse at the top 10 longest national highways in India connecting the Indian states and important cities-
- National Highway 44 (Previously called national Highway 7)
- National Highway 27
- National Highway 48 (Previously known as NH 4 & NH 8)
- National Highway 52
- National Highway 30 (Previously known as NH 221)
- National Highway 6
- National Highway 53
- National Highway 16 (Previously called NH 5)
- National Highway 66 (Previously called national Highway 17)
- National Highway 19 (Previously called National Highway 2)
How many tenders does the National Highway Authority of India published in 2018-19?
Like tenders of other government tendering authorities, NHAI also issues all tender notices, bid awards on various government websites and invite bidders to bid so that they can assess who’s the one that can provide the best quality at a reasonable price.
The below graph shows that more than 1,500 NHAI tenders were published in 2018-19 and more than 1100 NHAI tenders have already been published till Sep 2019. Click on the graph to get a better insight.
What are the top leading states for NHAI Tenders in 2019?
All tenders floated by National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) across India and the distribution of prominent state-wise tenders are represented below. In the first half of the year itself, more than 900 NHAI Tenders in Delhi have been published. This is followed by NHAI Tenders in Himachal Pradesh, NHAI Tenders in Tamil Nadu, NHAI Tenders in Uttar Pradesh and NHAI Tenders in Maharashtra.
How to apply for the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) tenders?
NHAI Tenders are issued in leading newspapers and the same is also published on NHAI website. When bidding for NHAI tender, follow these basic steps to improve your chances of winning a tender:
- Look out for the relevant tenders issued by the National Highways Authority of India, from BidAssist .
- Once you subscribe on BidAssist, you can easily download NHAI tender document for any particular state in India.
- Analyze the tender document carefully and read all terms and conditions of the services that are to be procured by NHAI tendering authority.
- Before writing a bid response strategy, evaluate the previously awarded contracts that contain important information such as project time duration, and the amount that was awarded to the contractor. View all awarded contracts from here.
- Write a compelling bid document and submit the bid through their e-bid submission tendering portal of NHAI.
- Once you have submitted your application, the NHAI tendering authority will verify all the suppliers that have applied for bidding, and on verification, the supplier or organisation will appear in its ‘list of approved suppliers’.
- The bidders can monitor the status of the tender for which they have submitted on their official website.
- Once everything in the tender procurement process is finalised, contracts are awarded to the selected bidders.
Why BidAssist for NHAI Tenders Information?
BidAssist is an online tender search portal that helps SMEs to discover latest NHAI tenders, tender documents and awarded contracts on a single platform. You can also search NHAI tenders by location, state, tender amount or even with tender ID. Our portal provides FREE access to government tender opportunities across India.
Furthermore, SMEs can get all the latest tender notifications issued by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) and decide whether they want to receive the notifications daily, weekly or monthly.
Need help with any government tender related queries? Call us on 1800 102 95866 or email at email@example.com. We will be more than happy to assist you further.