GeM, or Government e-Marketplace, in essence, is a one-stop platform, which facilitates online procurement of various fundamental services and goods. The portal aims to improve business-related transparency, speed, and efficiency for public convenience.
But, how does it help an organization in growing their business?
In this article, we will be discussing the necessities regarding GeM registration and offer insights on the benefits of the platform. The write-up may also answer some of your personal queries regarding the GeM portal as a whole.
So, without making any further ado, let’s begin.
Registering in GeM – A Step-by-Step Guide
Usually, the GeM registration procedure is considered to be pretty easy and straightforward. However, if you are not a tech-savvy person, then you might feel confused during the advanced stages of the process.
Hopefully, the following step-by-step guide will be able to help you out –
- Firstly, you will have to register your business or organization with the government of India. If you are signing up on GeM as a seller, then you may need to provide the following documents –
- Your updated PAN card
- TIN or VAT number (if it is applicable in your case)
- A canceled copy of a cheque paper
- Proof of your identity, address, and the location of your organization
- The documentation of your active bank account and the supporting KYC papers
- LLP requirements/ registration certificate of your company/ Udyog Aadhar Card
- Once you are done with registering your company, you will, then, have to establish your taxation as well. By doing so, you can monetize your products and sell them at a proper price. This is considered to be one of the most crucial steps of GeM registration due to its overall importance for an organization’s growth.
- Now, you will need to create a bank account and link it with the Aadhar Card. After doing so, you can complete the GeM registration by providing the aforementioned documentation. Make sure to follow through with the terms and conditions of the website before beginning selling your products. If you do not abide by the rules, then you may end up getting banned by the GeM registration authority.
Growing Business with GeM Portal
The GeM platform offers a lot of different opportunities for the sellers to improve the stature of their business. However, you will need to exploit them in a proper manner if you want to be the best service provider in the portal. Here are some tips that might help you out in this regard –
- Make sure to provide authentic details during the GeM registration procedure. Otherwise, you might be banned from the platform due to fraudulence.
- Try to be as consistent as possible and keep uploading new goods whenever required. Make sure that your customers do not see the “not available” phrase.
- You will also have to include as many details (about a product) as possible on your own organization portal. This way, the platform will consider you to be more viable for the general consumers than most of your competitors.
- Last yet not least, you will have to set up your pricing in accordance with the current market standard. Overpricing anything may cause your consumers to ignore your products and opt for the other options.
Building a business empire does take a lot of time, even when you are using the GeM portal. So, you will need to be patient and bid for your time. If you are consistent enough, success will definitely come by your side!